Stihl MS 261 C-M

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
A friend of mine had that problem with a mtronic MS362 saw. Dealer fixed it but would not tell him what was wrong with it.

gmacmopar

Threads
Yes they are very protective of how they do things I think I'm going to have to take it to the shop. My bet is the solenoid is not telling the carb what to do? Maybe that is the way to go. It's just like the new cars can't work on them unless you have a computer!!!!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Should change the name to "All Star Tech" with all the info he has and provides.

Hammer,

It is a give and receive world. Most the Stihl information was donated to me. Just can't publicly post the complete manuals as they copyrighted and are dealer only access.
1662811763839.png
Beside I am a pack rat for service info I need to run my business. I only have 1 gigabyte of compressed Stihl info currently (still adding as I need info on in house repairs). And only have about 9 gigs overall of compressed info store on my G drive and about 3 gigs on my One Drive.

It like my accounting system with nearly 1 million part numbers with alternates linked so I can find parts at a better procured rate. Just loaded 9,120 Rotary part numbers, descriptions, and prices (cost and retail) this morning at 5:30 am. Now the process of cross referencing them begins. No wonder I use a bin system as I have over 2,200 different part numbers in stock. Plus I need to buy about $500 in storage boxes again so I can stack the parts out of the way but still be able to find them when needed.

1662812892553.png
If wasn't for my in house computer I would be lost in a mountain of paper manuals.

And this inventory has been reduce a lot as I got distributors now can deliver in one to two days. But still I need to reduce it even more especially as I approach retirement time.