Stihl Kombi - Saw Blade Attachment

shipupride

Forum Newbie
Threads
New buyer (and new board member).

Bought new KM131R with many of the extensions/attachments. Clearing heavy brush area behind home using the saw blade on a FS-KM Brush cutter attachment.. Stihl brand blade (purchased from dealer at same time as the attachment).

The hole in the center of the saw blade is twice the size as the screw hole on the cutter head. I can put it on centered, but within 30 seconds of using the blade on tough brush, the blade will get off-centered causing incredibly bad vibration up through the shaft and into my arms causing extreme difficulty in continued use. Making the system essentially impossible to use for any length of time.

Is there any way to add a spacer in to keep the blade centered on the screw? I've tightened it as hard as I think is safe without causing damage. No luck.

Thanks!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The hole in the blade should be the same size as the raised center of the trimmer head flange, the over the blade goes a washer, cup, then nut.
flange.jpg

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here is the kit that you need in addition to the flange in my first post.

kit.jpg

shipupride

Forum Newbie
Threads
Edit: It appears that I am missing the flange in your first post. Any idea where I can get one of those? I cannot find it on Stihl's website or on Amazon.

I think I have all 3 parts, but I believe the washer was sitting on the outside when I bought it. Might be a simple fix. Thank you!

Last edited:

shipupride

Forum Newbie
Threads

deminin

Threads
Is there any way to add a spacer in to keep the blade centered on the screw? I've tightened it as hard as I think is safe without causing damage. No luck. Thanks!

I also use a carbide tipped saw blade on one of my Stihl trimmers, for cutting the heavier weeds/stems. I use the above mentioned adapters. The best way I've found to "adapt" a saw blade to the Stihl shaft is to cut a small piece of 1/2" PVC pipe on my bandsaw, about 1/8th inch long, and insert this "homemade washer" into the saw blade hole. It fits and holds up very well, and I can cut for hours with no "wobble" of the saw blade.