Export thread

Stihl BR 340 Backpack Blower

P

PJL1969

I am a newbie and interested in advice in giving my backpack blower ( Stihl BR340 ) a mini tune-up. Aside from replacing the plug and air filter what would you recommend ? I have two complaints currently with how it's performing. First, when I start it I have the play with the throttle for about 20 seconds or else it will stall, it sort of bogs down and I have to give it some juice to keep it going. After 20 seconds or so it runs like a champ. My second complaint is that after running it for a long period of time ( say 45 minutes ) if I shut it down and then try to re-start after 5-10 minutes it takes forever to try and get it started again. On a cold start it starts on the second pull, put after it's been running for sometime it takes a 15-20 pulls to get it going again. Thanks for the advice.

exotion

exotion

I am a newbie and interested in advice in giving my backpack blower ( Stihl BR340 ) a mini tune-up. Aside from replacing the plug and air filter what would you recommend ? I have two complaints currently with how it's performing. First, when I start it I have the play with the throttle for about 20 seconds or else it will stall, it sort of bogs down and I have to give it some juice to keep it going. After 20 seconds or so it runs like a champ. My second complaint is that after running it for a long period of time ( say 45 minutes ) if I shut it down and then try to re-start after 5-10 minutes it takes forever to try and get it started again. On a cold start it starts on the second pull, put after it's been running for sometime it takes a 15-20 pulls to get it going again. Thanks for the advice.

Take it apart and clean it make sure the heat sinks are clean. New fuel lines and fuel filter. Clean exhaust of carbon. New plug. New air filter. Make sure proper mix of oil and fuel.

R

Rivets

Before tearing the carb down, I would get a can of SeaFoam and pour twice the recommended amount in you fuel tank and run the unit. It may take two or three attempts, but at $7.00 it may be easier and cheaper to solve the problem. If it does not work then give the carb a good cleaning.

P

PJL1969

Thanks for the useful information, will give it a try.