Stens Brand lawnmower parts

intruder1500

Threads
Has anyone had any experience with Stens Brand mower parts. I have the opportunity to buy 92-1042 drive wheels at a good price.

intruder1500

Threads
Well I bought the wheels anyways....brand new at $25 for the pair. They look perfect and at that price the risk is pretty low. Back up supply for my 2 10525's

dougmacm

Threads
I bought a pair of them in Sept 2020 and they are just as good as O.E.M. I paid $49.00 for the pair so you did well at almost half that !! Cheapest I see now is $23.77 each on amazon ...may have to snatch up another set. Cheapest on O.E.M. is around $70 / pair.

Only thing about the Stens is the black plastic hub caps that were used on the earlier "F" mowers do not snap on and stay on like they do on genuine LB/Toro wheels. These caps were not supplied on the later Duraforce models ... guessing it was a cost cutting measure. They do finish off the wheels nicely though, so I had added them to my Duraforce mowers.

I had also bought Stens versions of Commercial Orange Ball Bearing wheels (both earlier smooth no-tread type and the later Duraforce treaded ones) and they were just as good as O.E.M. They were a great cost savings, but Stens no longer offers them.

Quite honestly, I don't think I've ever had major issues with any Stens parts over the years.

Doug

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
So far the only issue is some Stihl primer assemblies but they quickly refunded me for the defective parts.