C cdog Forum Newbie May 19, 2013 #1 I have a 1970's model 300. There is a lot of play in the steering and I was wondering what is the best way (parts or whatever) to tighten it up?
I have a 1970's model 300. There is a lot of play in the steering and I was wondering what is the best way (parts or whatever) to tighten it up?
Pent-R lawn Member Jun 4, 2013 #2 I don't know what it looks like, but there should be a place on the steering rod that is threaded with a jam nut. Try to put a wrench on it and turn it to tighten. This might help. See the bottom left corner (#'s 21, 19, 20) of this picture for help. Or go here; John Deere - Parts Catalog it has all John Deere equipment. just search the model number and find what you need. This might help, but I do not know (do the fact that I don't know what the mower looks like).
I don't know what it looks like, but there should be a place on the steering rod that is threaded with a jam nut. Try to put a wrench on it and turn it to tighten. This might help. See the bottom left corner (#'s 21, 19, 20) of this picture for help. Or go here; John Deere - Parts Catalog it has all John Deere equipment. just search the model number and find what you need. This might help, but I do not know (do the fact that I don't know what the mower looks like).