steering jack intermittently leaking

Roger53

Forum Newbie
Threads
The steering jack on my 2006 Legacy XL 27 hp leaks intermittently. It will spew out about 4-5 oz of fluid in 2-3 seconds, then stop leaking. It may be a day, a week, an hour...who knows until it does it again. It has been doing this for quite sometime but wasn't an issue until we recently paved our driveway with asphalt...yea.
So, I can bite the bullet and fork out $400 +- for a 'OEM' jack but I really dont want to do that unless there is no other way. I am also still searching for an aftermarket jack with the same specs but much cheaper but have not found any yet.

These are welded jacks so a little metal work is needed to take cut them apart and weld back together...no problem as I have a professional welder in the family. My problem is: in my area there are no hydraulic shops that are willing to deal with individuals only business customers.
So, I was hoping someone has rebuilt this jack and could give me the seal kit rebuild number(s) and where I could purchase it. I have literally spent hours on the net looking for rebuild kits to no avail.

I need a seal kit number to rebuild the steering jack on legacy xl 27hp. OEM part number 1737056YP Mfg # 1694420

Your help is needed an appreciated.
Roger53

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post your Simplicity 7 digit model number from tractor, thanks, Mark