Steering bars not aligned. Toro MX5060

jcworks

Threads
I have a Toro MX5060 zero turn mower. The only issue I have is the steering bars are not in alignment like they use to be. This is the case whether I'm running it or not. Pushing them forward or backward one is still not in alignment with the other. I can still mow with it but its not right, they should be in alignment. Can someone advise why not ?

Born2Mow

Threads
If you have over 50 hours and have not changed your hydraulic fluids and filters, then something like that might be a good first step.

If you think it's more mechanical than hydraulic in nature.... On my Exmark... made by Toro... there are set screws just under the plastic beauty panels to make the adjustments at the extreme limits of lever travel. In the mid-lever positions there are adjusters on the struts running to the hydraulic units.

Hope this helps.

jcworks

Threads
Born2Mow, I adjusted them on the struts (I think) . This was 2 years ago so I'm not 100% sure. But I don't recall doing anything else.

jcworks

Threads
If you have over 50 hours and have not changed your hydraulic fluids and filters, then something like that might be a good first step.

If you think it's more mechanical than hydraulic in nature.... On my Exmark... made by Toro... there are set screws just under the plastic beauty panels to make the adjustments at the extreme limits of lever travel. In the mid-lever positions there are adjusters on the struts running to the hydraulic units.

Hope this helps.
I "think" I've got about 250 hrs on it. I've never changed the fluid; I only added just a little bit of 20w50 motor oil to it. I asked two different Toro dealers about changing it because I thought it would be a thing to do, but both told me the same thing - not to even fool with it till about 500 hrs.