Starts runs E brake shuts off motor

Stupid

Forum Newbie
Need advice. 2022 Maverick Kawa engine No issues for 4 years. Seat switch disabled 4 years, no problems with that. Today I started as usual. Backed out of the shed and the motor momentarily stopped maybe a tenth of a second. Mowed about an acre and same thing, momentary engine cut out. Mowed another acre and parked. After a minute the engine died. I know I have good clean gas so we don’t need to go there. Now….the engine starts right up perfectly. When I take the E-brake off it dies immediately. Started again and let it run for 5 minutes, perfect. TOOK the E-brake off and it died. Started again. Manually cycled the E-brake switch with my finger and see the switch is working properly, switch is not the issue. Not sure where to go from here. I looked at the 4 relays I can’t see any burn marks. I did find these two wires kinda under the relay enclosure. The yellow one seems factory sealed. The black wire with the blue stake-on looks like it needs to be connected somewhere. Can someone shed some light on this wire? What color wire is that connected to? I have looked at the poor wiring schematic and I’m getting nowhere. Why on earth didn’t they put a legend on this schematic. On the schematic is “P1” the wiring harness? If so I see a short black wire Designated “SW9”. ID as # 41 (I think) I can’t make out what wire it ties into. Too fuzzy when I blow it up. Can someone read this? So I don’t know if this wire is an issue at all. What else could it be? One of the relays? Thanks all.
 

Attachments

  • 2 Wires.jpg
    2 Wires.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 4
  • E Brake switch.jpg
    E Brake switch.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Relays.jpg
    Relays.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top