Starter Motor Armature Bushings

bartles

Threads
Engine is a PS-26516 with a 12 098 22-S Starter

In the Kohler parts site I see one can not order just the armature bushings. Anyone happen to know where to source these? They are "oillite" type bushings
so I really don't want to make the out of just brass stock.

Appreciate the assistance in advance,

Bartles

bartles

Threads
Then check out McMaster-Carr Oil-Embedded Sleeve Bearings.
Good plan, thanks for this...me old brain forgets about the industrial suppliers.

Appreciate it!

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
there are also a couple places online that specialize in armature bushings. I came across them earlier today looking to see if I could help. Looks like the way you have to get them for the starter otherwise is buy a bendix or starter repair kit - which were like 3/4 the cost of a new starter. One place on ebay was selling just bushing but they didn't list your starter specifically. Making matters worse, Jacks shows that the model number you listed was used on 20 or 30 different pieces of equipment and each manufacturer has different drawings. Without knowing what it was specifically in I threw in the towel. Good luck.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That particular spec was made for John Deere.

bartles

Threads
there are also a couple places online that specialize in armature bushings. I came across them earlier today looking to see if I could help. Looks like the way you have to get them for the starter otherwise is buy a bendix or starter repair kit - which were like 3/4 the cost of a new starter. One place on ebay was selling just bushing but they didn't list your starter specifically. Making matters worse, Jacks shows that the model number you listed was used on 20 or 30 different pieces of equipment and each manufacturer has different drawings. Without knowing what it was specifically in I threw in the towel. Good luck.
Hey many thanks for your efforts....I decided to make a bushing...it will last a lot longer than the ones in the starter now.