Stainless steel body mower

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I spent 16 yrs in the office and bank equipment repair field myself until I caught up in the corporate downsizing. I was a real pain trying to find a job those fields with the experience I had. Either I was over qualified or they wanted me to sign all my rights away in anti-compete contracts. So spent the next tens years doing scrape metal sales. That dried up when every Tom, Dick, and Harry got into it too. Then I went into lawn care equipment repairs and have been at it for now over 11 yrs.

Oh I had a lot so-call techs to try to get me to hire them but they fail every test I gave them. So found other larger companies to work for. Several of those guys I have ran into trying to get warranty repairs done and they still couldn't fix the problems I carried in. I got to tell one of them off when he couldn't even find a bad spark plug that was causing a hedger to diesel.

I am self train in this field of repairs. I have been running my own shop for 11 yrs and won't give it up easily now. At I am approaching retire age and hopefully the dang Republicans don't kill off Social Security and Medicare; they are sure trying to. IF they do I will need to continue working for myself. At those first 16 years was spent as the only local tech at each of the two businesses I work for so it gave me a lot experience of running a business.

Personally, I would rather work for the other guy and let him have all the headaches of keeping things going but it wasn't to be. Believe me it has been a real pain the last two years dealing with the vendors.

slow_runner

Threads
I am all fully registered and paid up on the ODK site now.
I posted there about the stainless Rancher and am waiting to see what comes of that. In the meanwhile I will be collecting the mower later this week when I will know more about it. From information provided by the seller it is one owner, all original and never been repowered, Slow to start, sometimes 5 pulls to go- is that typical Quantum 50 behaviour? :) . The the B&S motor serial number should give a good indication of the manufacturing date for the mower?

Last edited: