SS5000 Hydro oil change

robertgeorgepalmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking for details on how to replace the filters and change the hydro oil on my SS5000 with the 23 HP Kawasaki. Thanks in advance for any help.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
There are no filters on the Hydro-Gear EZT hydros. The fluid can be changed however, the hydros must be removed from the machine, the fill port bolt must be removed and the hydros must be dumped. It’s possible to use a fluid extractor without removing the hydros. Refill with 20W50 engine oil or Mobil 1 15W50. The link below will explain everything that you need to know.

robertgeorgepalmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
There are no filters on the Hydro-Gear EZT hydros. The fluid can be changed however, the hydros must be removed from the machine, the fill port bolt must be removed and the hydros must be dumped. It’s possible to use a fluid extractor without removing the hydros. Refill with 20W50 engine oil or Mobil 1 15W50. The link below will explain everything that you need to know.
Thanks. I actually just got done finding that info after cleaning off the unit and finding the model number. I appreciate the reply.