Export thread

SRM-2400 Carb

F

fish2222

Hello all. I have an SRM-2400 and I am having issues coming up with either a carb kit, or a new carb for it. All of the breakdowns I have seen show a side throttle linkage, but mine is on top. My carb number is a 220 044. Mine is very similar to this. https://www.amazon.com/Walbro-WYJ-220-1-Carburetor-Part/dp/B00V5HH578 But all the parts I can find are like this. https://www.amazon.com/Butom-SRM-2100-Carburetor-SRM-2110-SRM-2400/dp/B0796LTTV2 Any ideas?

StarTech

StarTech

What is the type number and also the serial number? If it is the Walbro WYJ-220 then you have 1E with 563000 and Up.

Echo PN 12300051730 is for the complete carburetor.

The carburetor repair is Walbro K20-WYJ or Echo PN 12310057730 if you prefer to pay more.

The gasket and diaphragm [GND] kit is Walbro D20-WYJ or Echo PN 12310157730 if you prefer to pay more.

F

fish2222

663363 is the serial, and it does say type 1-E on the sticker next to that. It's just strange that even with that info, it seems the parts listings were incorrect. Thanks!

StarTech

StarTech

This why you should be using the Echo website for parts look-up when it is an Echo.

F

fish2222

Yeah, I think I did a Google search and it pulled up the SRM-2400 parts breakdown and had 3 sections with the different serial numbers, but didn't mention the 1-E model (and I didn't notice it till later).

StarTech

StarTech

Yeah, I think I did a Google search and it pulled up the SRM-2400 parts breakdown and had 3 sections with the different serial numbers, but didn't mention the 1-E model (and I didn't notice it till later).
Google is great most times but you got to aware there is old info on it. I have learned to pay better attention to the details of the equipment I working on and to use the OEM website parts look up whenever possible.

Unless you are trying to use the new Kohler dealer website where a large portion of the engines I work on are not even listed there; unlike, the old Kohler Plus dealer site. It doesn't do any good to complain to those Italians about the missing info either, they just ignore me.

H

hlw49

parts tree is a good parts look up site.

StarTech

StarTech

Yes it is..

F

fish2222

Thanks guys. I think I have the right part numbers now!