Export thread

srm 230 or 266

clpolcar

clpolcar

Which one would be better? About same price. I do 5 lawns a week. Then do clearing fence lines and what not.

Mower Doctor 78006

Mower Doctor 78006

I have been running the srm230 for years. Its a great commercial grade trimmer. Has plenty of power to tackle the trimming, and heavy cutting jobs.

Which one would be better? About same price. I do 5 lawns a week. Then do clearing fence lines and what not.

clpolcar

clpolcar

Would it be a waste of money. The 20 dollars more the the 266. I figured I'm buying once for a long time. Should I just buy the 266?

Ric

Ric

Have you looked at the Stihl? You can get the FS 70 with a 27.2cc engine and weighs 10.6lbs for $279.95 or the FS 90 with the 28.4 cc engine @11.7 lbs for $329.95. The Echo's are running 21.2 and 25.4 cc engines and both are in the the 12 to13lb range. You'll get a lot more machine for the same money with the Stihl's.

clpolcar

clpolcar

I have and I do not care for them at all. I used one all last year and it kept getting harder and harder to start. We use them at work and there alright. But its the handle bar ones. I have a echo blower that starts first pull every time.

Ric

Ric

I have and I do not care for them at all. I used one all last year and it kept getting harder and harder to start. We use them at work and there alright. But its the handle bar ones. I have a echo blower that starts first pull every time.

I've been using the Stihl 90 and 110 for the last eight yrs doing 10 to 15 lawns a day and they've never given me a problem. The four mix engines has been great. Now I'll admit they may not start the first pull every time but then again the two echos I had didn't either. I've never had any luck with Echo stuff. I find it funny but with all the equipment I carry on the trailer, (all Stihl ) except the Echo bed redefiner the Echo is only piece that doesn't run and it's the newest.

clpolcar

clpolcar

Took some convincing but gonna get the fs90r. Didn't know it was the 4 mix. The one we have at work its good.

Ric

Ric

Took some convincing but gonna get the fs90r. Didn't know it was the 4 mix. The one we have at work its good.

I really like the four mix engines, you'll be happy with the Fs 90. It seems to be the most popular.

clpolcar

clpolcar

Just picked up a fs90r. Well girlfriend did while I'm at school. Can't wait to giver her a try on Thursday.

clpolcar

clpolcar

Just picked up a stihl fs 90r. Well my girlfriend did while I'm at school. Can't wait to use her on Thursday when I'm home from school

exotion

exotion

The fs90 or the girlfriend :)

clpolcar

clpolcar

The fs90 or the girlfriend :)

That's a very good question:) I'm gonna use the trimmer first