Squeaking noise

packy1951

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2019 Hustler 54" SD Raptor with about a 125 hours on it.Lately I am hearing a loud intermittent squeaking noise coming from the left rear. Sounds like metal on metal. I did take the tire off and pour some 3 in 1 oil on the axle behind the wheel hub, but I still have the squeak. Any suggestions, like wheel bearing...etc?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yup, some 3n1 oil and gauze pads. It's all ball bearings these days. Look at that muck on the windshield.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
look for rusty spots where metal can be on metal. look for cracks. look for loose bolts. Become aware of what conditions trigger it and the rhythm.

1slow5point0h

Threads
I’d set the rear on jack stands and slowly spin the rear wheels. You can probably narrow down the area easier that way. If metal is rubbing metal, you’ll see a shiny spot.

packy1951

Forum Newbie
Threads
look for rusty spots where metal can be on metal. look for cracks. look for loose bolts. Become aware of what conditions trigger it and the rhythm.
I took a look yesterday and didn't notice anything, but will look again.

packy1951

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’d set the rear on jack stands and slowly spin the rear wheels. You can probably narrow down the area easier that way. If metal is rubbing metal, you’ll see a shiny spot.
That's a great idea. I had it jacked up to lubricate, but didn't think of rotating the wheels to see when is makes the squealing./scraping type sound.. it's not a consistent sound like hitting a certain spot on each axle rotation. It could be a change in terrain causing movement between the axle and wheel, but spinning on jacks may show what is going on.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
and then again it could just be a gopher chattering at you to stop disturbing his sleep.