Spindle compatibility?

Jarhead1566!

Forum Newbie
Threads
First of all I'm new on here and any help and advice that I get is greatly appreciated.

Greetings from PODUNK South Georgia.

I have a Cub Cadet zt1 50in and those blades with the star hole and the spindles are ridiculously expensive. And i have a bad spindle. I was wondering if there were some spindles that are compatible for it that take the blades with the 6 point star?

I also have an old cub Rzt 50 with a blown up engine. About a month before it died I replaced the spindles and pulleys, blades, belt, and tensioner and idler pulleys. Basically I rebuilt the deck. I was curious ( actually hoping) that some of those parts were compatible. I also have 3 sets of blades for it.

Please help,

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
are your referring to the new "S" hole blades. Model number from serial tag helps with parts look up.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
First of all I'm new on here and any help and advice that I get is greatly appreciated.

Greetings from PODUNK South Georgia.

I have a Cub Cadet zt1 50in and those blades with the star hole and the spindles are ridiculously expensive. And i have a bad spindle. I was wondering if there were some spindles that are compatible for it that take the blades with the 6 point star?

I also have an old cub Rzt 50 with a blown up engine. About a month before it died I replaced the spindles and pulleys, blades, belt, and tensioner and idler pulleys. Basically I rebuilt the deck. I was curious ( actually hoping) that some of those parts were compatible. I also have 3 sets of blades for it.

Please help,
Look at spindles from other deck and break out the tape measure. Measure height, bolt hole center to center, etc.
Look for aftermarket spindles versus OEM and you will save lots of money.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Without the model numbers is hard to figure out but it looks like the six point star version will be the 918-06980 spindle assy. Stens 285-707; Rotary 16287.