'Sounds' like

Flat-top

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently sold-off my Troy-built gas mower to a neighbor after committing to using my Greenworks Model 25302 electric push mower. I'm 9 months into ownership with hardly a concern until recently. As I was cutting my (roughly 5K feet of lawn) I began to notice a much louder sound emanating from the right-most motor. I then noticed the battery life for both batteries began to decline rapidly. I turned the mower on its side to inspect that nothing had worked it's way up into the motor(s) housing and was satisfied not finding anything. I inserted my second set of batteries (fully charged) and continued mowing but still hearing the same loud sound from the right motor. Any suggestions as to the possible cause?

MowerMike

Threads
I recently sold-off my Troy-built gas mower to a neighbor after committing to using my Greenworks Model 25302 electric push mower. I'm 9 months into ownership with hardly a concern until recently. As I was cutting my (roughly 5K feet of lawn) I began to notice a much louder sound emanating from the right-most motor. I then noticed the battery life for both batteries began to decline rapidly. I turned the mower on its side to inspect that nothing had worked it's way up into the motor(s) housing and was satisfied not finding anything. I inserted my second set of batteries (fully charged) and continued mowing but still hearing the same loud sound from the right motor. Any suggestions as to the possible cause?

Can you turn the blade easily by hand or do you notice any drag ? If it's hard to turn it could be a bad bearing. Another possibilty is one of the brushes coming adrift. Either way, it "sounds" like there's something wrong with the motor and it probably needs to be replaced.