solar panels

nuffer460

Forum Newbie
Threads
Some where on the net, is a man that converted his riding mower to electric. I believe it was 36 volts. After converting the lawn tractor. He then installed three 12 volt solar electric panels to his shed / barn. He then wired the shed with an inverter to run some lights, etc... The batteries on the Lawn tractor was the storage device for the panels. When he was mowing the lawn. He turned the power inverter on an ran some lights, to keep the panels working. He reported that the tractor ran over 2 hours on a charge.

Robin

Threads
Well if you could figure out how to mount a large parabolic dish that would concentrate the sunlight into a spot, and put a water canister in that spot, you might be able to run a steam engine. :confused2::biggrin:

This is possible if the mower is not moving. I would have to adjust the dish all the time in able to redirect the light into a very small spot.

I tried looking at Google where this kind of mower is already available. To my amazement, there is one already. Check this out.

monica123

Threads
Interesting lawnmower, I wonder if it would be hard to convert. I may have to do some further research on this and update you as I do.