Snow Thrower for New Tractor Question

AdamE

Threads
I'm half-assedly thinking about a new tractor and I need a snow thrower for it. When looking on the Deere website at X300 & X500 series tractors, they don't list snow blowers.

I noticed the same thing on the Cub website.

Does anyone know why?

D

Deleted member 97405

Not sure why you're not seeing them. They are available for all new Deere tractors. That being said, I prefer the X500 series because of the heavier transmission and the benefit of diff-lock. Unless you have a dead flat driveway, I would not consider anything else. If you buy a 300 series, and one wheel spins out, you're done. For that reason, we dont sell many snowblowers or blades on 300 series and under. In the X500 series, the X580 is much preferred due to having hydraulic lift and power steering. With the added weight of the snowblower on the front wheels, the mechanical steering can be a bit tougher than normal. Or if you have crushed stone and need to keep the blower up a bit to keep from digging in, youre not going to want to hold it up with your foot via the lift pedal. Hope this helps. Reach out to your local dealer.

AdamE

Threads
Not sure why you're not seeing them. They are available for all new Deere tractors. That being said, I prefer the X500 series because of the heavier transmission and the benefit of diff-lock. Unless you have a dead flat driveway, I would not consider anything else. If you buy a 300 series, and one wheel spins out, you're done. For that reason, we dont sell many snowblowers or blades on 300 series and under. In the X500 series, the X580 is much preferred due to having hydraulic lift and power steering. With the added weight of the snowblower on the front wheels, the mechanical steering can be a bit tougher than normal. Or if you have crushed stone and need to keep the blower up a bit to keep from digging in, youre not going to want to hold it up with your foot via the lift pedal. Hope this helps. Reach out to your local dealer.
Thanks Will.

The X500 series is definitely out of my price range.

I've got over well over 200' of asphalt driveway with maybe a 25' rise in it. I've been using my 1996 Cub Cadet 2165 with the 40" blower to clear it for 26 years without issue. I have tire chains and suitcase weights. Traction has never been an issue.

I'm in SE Pennsylvania so we don't see horrible amounts of snow.

mmoffitt

Threads
Ok? sounds like you answered your own question great you do not need any "New" equipment.."run what you brung". keep your money in your pocket! Do somethinmg nice for your wife,Maybe? Be well Sir.... oh! and Farmers Almanac forecasts an unusally harsh winter in the SE PA area!! ..just muss'n with ya...more like no snow!

AdamE

Threads
Ok? sounds like you answered your own question great you do not need any "New" equipment.."run what you brung". keep your money in your pocket! Do somethinmg nice for your wife,Maybe? Be well Sir.... oh! and Farmers Almanac forecasts an unusally harsh winter in the SE PA area!! ..just muss'n with ya...more like no snow!
Why get snarky?

I'm interested in something new because what I'm using is 26 years old and I don't feel like getting stuck in my driveway because of failed equipment. Not to mention... because I want to!

BTW, my wife's hard to buy for.

mmoffitt

Threads
You better tough'n up Sir I was funn'n you Snarky??? come on really
Take care...

AdamE

Threads
You better tough'n up Sir I was funn'n you Snarky??? come on really
Take care...
Well, funnin' over the internet is different than funnin' in person. It's hard to tell what where people are coming from.

By telling me to 'tough'n' up, I'd say you're a mid-level jerk. Keep trying. Maybe you'll get better.