Export thread

Snapper SR1642 carburetor parts number

D

Dealy75

Hello. I'm new to this forum. I have an old Snapper SR1642 rear engine twin cyl rider. My carburetor is shot. Do any of you happen to know the part number for the carburetor so I can order one?
Thanks in advance.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

What's the model of the engine... it should be stamped around the spark plug or cylinder head area, or if it's an Opposed twin engine, those were usually on a metal tag riveted to the blower housing above one of the cylinder heads.
the only SR1642 i found, it shows the biggest engine at 12HP... which is probably not a twin.

S

slomo

Welcome to the best mower forum on the internet.

slomo

D

Dealy75

What's the model of the engine... it should be stamped around the spark plug or cylinder head area, or if it's an Opposed twin engine, those were usually on a metal tag riveted to the blower housing above one of the cylinder heads.
the only SR1642 i found, it shows the biggest engine at 12HP... which is probably not a twin.
It's a 16hp Vanguard V Twin OHV. I'll look for that tag after I get home later. Thanks. The mower is at least 26 years old. I got it used in 1997 from my wife's Aunt. I can remember seeing it in her garage before we got married in 1995.

B

Born2Mow

My carburetor is shot.
What's worn out about your carb ? Fuel moving around doesn't usually put much wear on metal.

D

Dealy75

Modal 303777
Type 0418-01 4750
Code 94090111

D

Dealy75

What's worn out about your carb ? Fuel moving around doesn't usually put much wear on metal.
Sometimes it floods and sometimes it seams like i'm not getting any fuel. Most likely the float but it looks like you can get an entire carb cheaper then the floats. But I can't find either.

S

slomo

Clean your OEM carb or get an OEM rebuild kit. Sounds like needle and seat time.

slomo

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

it could be when it floods, it's choking out the engine while running. a new float is $28 and needle is about the same... i do agree it seems a bit steep, as i paid $14 for a kawasaki needle earlier this year.
The float and needle from briggs is available but is close to $60 for both
the carb part number is 807639, and is NLA, there is a USED, carb on ebay for $150 and not seeing any chinese knock offs, this carb uses a viton tipped needle, so what i would do, remove the float and check that it will actually float and doesn't have a hole in it. if it floats, order a bowl gasket and a new needle. clean out the carb and clean the brass seat with q-tip and carb spray.
however a rebuild kit is north of $100
1619628670078.png
1619628472385.png

B

Born2Mow

The issue can just as easily be trash in the fuel from a rusted tank or blown in dust. The carb is not "worn out".

So he can clean his original carb, and if it needs float and needle then he can simply swap out the new parts from the new carb.

S

slomo

Carbs do wear and wear out. Throttle shafts get pretty loose from use. This creates vacuum leaks of course. Needles and seats.....

slomo