snapper s75x

chips4sle

Threads
ok heres the deal
got a used snapper s75x which is supposed to be made by ferris
so anyway the left hydro seems to work better than the right. first off when going in reverse pulling back on both sticks on an incline most of the time it works fine but sometimes it wont do anything
when pushing on the right stick it seems to shudder some until the left is pushed as well.
im thinking i need to change the fluid as a first step it says 5-30 motor oil on the side of the reservoir
any better thoughts

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Negative on the 5W30 motor oil for the hydros. It takes 20W50. It probably needs some adjustments too. The filter needs to be changed at the same time. You can get an operators manual from Briggs and Stratton. Likewise with the service manual.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
thank you do you happen to know how much 20w50 it takes
I have no idea. Just get a 5 quart jug.

chips4sle

Threads
Ok I changed the filter and the fluid. I was able to bleed the system. It still seems the right side still makes sort of a studder at low speeds. Also it seems that it doesn’t go in reverse well on a hill. Not sure if that’s just the way it is or something else

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ok I changed the filter and the fluid. I was able to bleed the system. It still seems the right side still makes sort of a studder at low speeds. Also it seems that it doesn’t go in reverse well on a hill. Not sure if that’s just the way it is or something else
Have you adjusted the tracking? What is the condition of the belt? Is there enough tension on the belt?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Negative on the 5W30 motor oil for the hydros. It takes 20W50. It probably needs some adjustments too. The filter needs to be changed at the same time. You can get an operators manual from Briggs and Stratton. Likewise with the service manual.
first step it says 5-30 motor oil on the side of the reservoir
Why recommend Motor Honey when the guy said the sticker requires 5w-30? Puzzled??

1631974876125.png