Smokes Alot

scott47429

Threads
hey guys got a question i have what i think is a 1996 Cub Cadet its has a B&S over head valve engine on it I'm not sure what series yet i haven't paid that close attention to it yet but its like a 675 series i think anyway its hard to pull start like the compression release isn't working right once you get it started its smokes alot then sometimes it will stop and then it smokes alot i thought at first it was the oil level as it was over full and real dirty so i changed it and still the same thing so i think its either wore out or a bad head gasket and yes the smoke is blue so its oil smoke andy ideas thanks

LT1045wrh

Threads
Sounds like the electronic shut-off for the carb stayed open and allowed gas to leak into your engine. You could smell the oil on the dipstick or drain the oil and if it is really liquidy and smells like gas, then you know the problem. I learned about this the hard way and burned up my BS engine. Since then I have put a shut off valve in the fuel line, right before gas enters the carb. I make sure the fuel is shut off after use.
Hope you didn't ruin your engine.
Wendy :frown: