Smallest Zero Turn Available?

TonyfromPandora

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the Forum...

Anyone know of a company that sells a zero turn SMALLER than 34"? Similar to the old Dixons? I know Husqvarna bought them out, but they don't sell any small zero turns like the Dixons anymore (from what I can tell)

I live on 3/4 acre lot. I currently have a 42" Craftsman riding lawn tractor that's 20 years old. I'm looking to get a new mower. My wife would like to consider a zero turn (just because they're fun!).
What I want is the smallest footprint available. Since this will be stored in my garage 99% of the time, i want the smallest rider available.
I've seen the 30" Craftsman, Toro, and Cub Cadet... but is there a similar sized Zero Turn anywhere? The smallest size I can find is 34" from Toro (TimeCutter), and similar brands. Anything smaller anywhere that's not a discontinued model?

sheenist

Threads
New to the Forum...

Anyone know of a company that sells a zero turn SMALLER than 34"? Similar to the old Dixons? I know Husqvarna bought them out, but they don't sell any small zero turns like the Dixons anymore (from what I can tell)

I live on 3/4 acre lot. I currently have a 42" Craftsman riding lawn tractor that's 20 years old. I'm looking to get a new mower. My wife would like to consider a zero turn (just because they're fun!).
What I want is the smallest footprint available. Since this will be stored in my garage 99% of the time, i want the smallest rider available.
I've seen the 30" Craftsman, Toro, and Cub Cadet... but is there a similar sized Zero Turn anywhere? The smallest size I can find is 34" from Toro (TimeCutter), and similar brands. Anything smaller anywhere that's not a discontinued model?
If you find something, let me know. I, too am looking for a small one, smaller than 34". I currently use a 60" to mow most of 2 acres, but would like a small one other than a RER to get the tight places. I have even entertained the idea of converting a RER to zero turn but foresee a problem with braking and hydrostats.
Sheenist

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take a look at this model.

Toro TimeCutter SS3225 32-inch 452cc Zero-Turn Riding Mower with Smart Speed​

john pifer

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the Forum...

I have a Gravely ZTXL 42". Needed something that would go through the pre-existing 4' gate to the backyard of the home we bought.

I really like the machine. I have the mulching kit, and it works well for me.

I went with this model because it was the most affordable model I could find that had serviceable transaxles (ZT-2800s), which I wanted. About $5000 OTD.

Gravely also has the Compact Pro 34", if you want a more commercial-grade machine (has Kawasaki FX engine, ZT-3100 transaxles, 7.5 gal fuel tank, Gravely's 10ga fab'd deck (X-Factor 3), etc. You can probably get it for around 8 grand OTD.

Have you considered a stander? Honestly in your situation I'd look at the Gravely Z-Stance 32. It's even more compact than the Compact Pro (32.8"x65.5" vs. 75"x36" of the Compact Pro rider), it's lighter by almost 70 lbs, has a more robust deck (7GA vs. 10GA), and more horsepower (18.5 vs. 15.5).

And it's cheaper ($7599 MSRP vs. $7999 for the CP). To my knowledge, the Z-Stance is the most affordable stand-on mower available.

The only reason you might look at a rider instead would be if you are wanting to tow a trailer or spreader. And couldn't you do that with your existing tractor?

Last edited: