Small quality dependable residential rider Suggestions?

clynch

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Small quality dependable residential rider Suggestions?
Hi. Time to replace my husky rider. 8 years old, too big, too many issues, and the cut never impressed me. I'm 55 and thinking a small rider with a single blade might be best for me. Husky always left a row of tall grass between the two blades. Changing blades and speed made no difference. I have a corner house, less than an acre. Lots of trees and shrubs. NW Florida, very hot and humid. So, I'm thinking a single blade snapper of yesteryear quality might be best. I don't know if the quality is gone. 30 inch so I can get around flower beds, shrubs, and it will take up less space. RER? Snapper, troy, sears (not sure about them) I'd like to have a rear bagger with it and if possible keep it under $2000. I don't know if that's possible. Perhaps I should regroup, buy cheap and replace every 5 years. I don't think yesteryear quality is possible anymore. Im kinda lost on this. Help!

Last edited:

clynch

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Small quality dependable residential rider Suggestions?
Never mind. I just researched. Cub, troy, mtd ... sears are all the same rer. Local snapper dealer no longer sells snapper. He states briggs purchased snapper, manufacturing changed and walmart noe wells them. Warranty work went out the window with the newer snapper. Perhaps I should look for an old snapper