Export thread

Small Engine Repair business

L

LCB Small Engine repair

Starting a small engine repair business and I have a few questions:

1. Where is the best place to buy parts Price/shipping speed

2. What are some common part numbers to keep in stock?

3. What is the best way to price used equipment?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Vervepipes

Vervepipes

The best way I've used to price equipment is to look on classified pages and see what similar items are selling for, then I list for a little less to keep things moving fast. By doing this, I haven't had a mower listed for more than 48 hours and even get requests for return phone calls when I get more available to sell. I can't help on the part numbers right now, but what I see needing replacing the most are Briggs Quantum air filter housing gaskets, Briggs flathead diaphragms, Tecumseh primer bulbs and starter strings/handles. The handles I usually rob from basket cases and if I don't just replace the entire recoil assembly from a good used donor, I have a bulk legnth of string on hand. Those account for about 90% of all my repairs on mowers. As far as where to buy, there are 4 stores up here ( Wal Mart, Home Depot, Canadian Tire and Princess Auto) that each have either a better price or parts not available at other locations. Sometimes ordering online costs more than shopping around in stores because of the price of shipping, for example, a Tecumseh primer bulb, $3.50 in store, $3 on the internet but with $10 shipping.

tom3

tom3

I wonder if he's still in business after six years?