slow filling gas tank

donone

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a new Simpicity rider and it takes forever to fill the gas tank. It acts like it gets an air lock. You can only out a small amount in at a time and wait for it to go down. I've had older models and never had this problem. Has anyone else had this problem or heard of a cure for it? Thanks Don

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It would be nice if we knew what Simplicity mower you purchased. Model number please.

skupko9680

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hmm not sure one thing that I noticed with my new tractor is the gas gauge is a little funky it takes alms a gallon to start the needle moving and then it goes quick. This is on level ground. I bet I never run out of bass this way:wink:

donone

Forum Newbie
Threads
It would be nice if we knew what Simplicity mower you purchased. Model number please.

I don't have the model # handy right now, but it's a Regent EX with the 22 hp motor

jlamaster

Forum Newbie
Threads
I also have the same problem with the 2014 Simplicity Regent EX with the 22 hp Briggs. It takes 10 to 15 minutes to put 2.5 gallons of gas in the tank. There is a baffle just below the throat and it restricts the flow of gas into the tank. I had assumed it was a federal law that made Simplicity build the tank this way but then I saw a new Toro mower that my neighbor purchased a couple of weeks ago. It did not have this baffle.

There is no way, with the way the fill throat is restricted that you can fill this tank quickly.

Anyone have any ideas. Any Simplicity dealers out there that have a resolution. My dealer just says you have to fill it slowly.

Thanks for any help you can give.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Long pair of needle noise pliers and yank that out.

jlamaster

Forum Newbie
Threads
Amazon.com: fuel primer kit You may be able to find fuel primer kit at auto parts store, sears, etc. Let us know if this helps.

After a further check of the situation (and looking at mowers of other brands that do not have the issue) I figured out my issue with my 2014 Simplicity Regent EX with the 22 hp. Briggs. The issue is that the bottom of the tank is about a quarter inch from the bottom of the fill neck so that gasoline will hardly go in. The fill neck is off to the side of the main part of the tank and that part of the tank is just too shallow. I think to really fix the issue it would be necessary to install a redesigned tank.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
After a further check of the situation (and looking at mowers of other brands that do not have the issue) I figured out my issue with my 2014 Simplicity Regent EX with the 22 hp. Briggs. The issue is that the bottom of the tank is about a quarter inch from the bottom of the fill neck so that gasoline will hardly go in. The fill neck is off to the side of the main part of the tank and that part of the tank is just too shallow. I think to really fix the issue it would be necessary to install a redesigned tank.

Error Check out this tank, 4 gallon tank on my Simplicity Broadmoor, if interested call tech. support 1-800-744-8650 or email, ask them if tank will fit your Regent EX. I see what problem is with your tank, filler neck is very shallow & offset from tank, absolutely correct, poor design.

Errorclick anyway. Let us know how it goes, thanks Don.

jlamaster

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mechanic Mark:

I contacted Simplicity Tech support. FYI the number is actually 1-800-837-6836. They installed some defective tanks on some mowers where the gap from the fill tube to the bottom of the tank was less than it should be, i.e. 1/8 to 1/4 inch instead of like 3/4 inch. That is what is causing the issue. The dealer can order me a new tank and replace it under warranty. I will contact dealer and get that issue resolved.
Thanks to all who replied to this thread. This may help Donone also.