Simplicity Tractor Engine Swap | Briggs & Stratton Vanguard to Kohler 7000 Series

sstressfl

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Simplicity Tractor Engine Swap | Briggs & Stratton Vanguard to Kohler 7000 Series
It's like putting a Chevy into a Mopar :) I assumed the engine on the Simplicity lawn tractor I was given needed a tune up. I was shocked to find out what was wrong.... and not long after that I realized it was time for a new engine. But I didn't want another Briggs & Stratton. But what else would work? I needed an engine that would fit! I stumbled upon a Kohler 7000 Series, 20 HP, V-Twin that appeared to match the blown Briggs & Stratton Vanguard 16 hp engine in every dimension. I studied the specs. It looked dead-on! So I took the chance and ordered it. This is what I had to do to make it work ??

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
  • / Simplicity Tractor Engine Swap | Briggs & Stratton Vanguard to Kohler 7000 Series
Great video man! Well done!
I have bad luck with the mounting bolts on older mowers that( have seen better days )that thread into the block, usually the heads break off and I have to drill 'em out... Then I go back with a Grade 8 nut, bolt, washer, and lock washer.