Simplicity Regent (Vanguard 18HP) battery drain

agjurek

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a used Regent used two years ago and have problems with battery drain. Anyone have an idea what it may be?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Could be as simple as a bad battery, I would take it to an auto parts stores that tests batteries, usually for free, I know O 'Reilly auto does.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Autozone does too. Get a battery tender while you are there. Oh and some fuel stabilizer.

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is your engine charging the battery?

slomo

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There can be several causes. Need the model and type number of the engine and the model number of the equipment. Simply too many ways to setup equipment out there.

Batteries can self drain due to internal shorts. Even the battery case can become conductive and drain the battery. Auto part stores do not test for conductive battery cases as many don't how to test for this condition.

Depends on the equipment setup draining can occur defective components but we know how the equipment is setup electrically. Even a partially short electric PTO can drain the battery even though the charging system is fine as the PTO over tax it.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
StarTech is talking about shorted battery cells and dirt slash acid on top of the battery draining itself down. Top of the battery needs to be clean and dry. Just like you bought it at the store.

slomo

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post Simplicity model number from frame, example: 2690814