Repairs Simplicity Landlord 3210V -- NO SPARK

DoubleGeeBar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Simplicity Landlord 3210V -- NO SPARK
How is the spark generated on this model ?
I had a weak and intermittent spark when trying to start it this spring ... then it quickly became no spark .
What steps should I take to locate the problem ?
THANKS for any input as I had the motor rebuilt 2 years ago and use this tractor for roto-tilling my very large garden .
Chuck

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you post the engine model numbers, so we know which manufacturer you are talking abou?

DoubleGeeBar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can you post the engine model numbers, so we know which manufacturer you are talking abou?
Simplicity Landlord 2310V Briggs & Stratton 10HP ( 990568 pretty sure , can no longer read engine label )
Cleaned all connections and when viewing points and condenser while cranking I get a couple random sparks and then no sparks .
How is the spark generated on this motor ? it has a solenoid and voltage regulator and a starter/generator combo and the manuals I've seen say nothing about a magneto .
Mr Rivets , thanks for any input you may have for me .
Chuck

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
These manuals may help you out. One is a service manual for your tractor, one the engine parts manual and one a Briggs service manual. I have to get to work, but tonight I will try to send you an older Briggs manual which will better describe your ignition system.

"K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts"
243499%20ms5424%5b1%5d.pdf

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCFEN8arG7rE4CG.5kbp796Dq.pdf

http://evanosaurus.com/ebooks/270962 Single Cylinder L-Head BRIGGS & STRATTON.pdf

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads

DoubleGeeBar

Forum Newbie
Threads
You do have a magneto armature and it is located under the shroud above the flywheel. This is not the manual I am looking for, but it may help you cleaning and setting the points. I would set them at .018. If that does not work you may try removing the should and set the armature air gap at .010. I will continue looking for a better manual.

http://www.wincogen.com/files/downloads/winco_pdf_files/winco_ps5bh-3r_engine_manual.pdf
I do see two wires running up into the shroud for the points so I figured it had a magneto....also noticed some mice bedding located in there to , perhaps that's the problem .. I'm going to replace the points and condenser and set them per your specs and if the problem remains I guess i'll have to pull the motor and inspect the magneto area ... is it true that the motor needs to be pulled for the magneto ?
Thanks for the service manuals you posted the one looks exactly like my 3210V Landlord ; it has the tilling attachment and that is all I use it for , I have a large garden and a sand area that I till regularly .
Thanks again Mr Rivets and i'll keep you updated , it may be a few days before I can get back working on it .
Chuck

DoubleGeeBar

Forum Newbie
Threads
I do see two wires running up into the shroud for the points so I figured it had a magneto....also noticed some mice bedding located in there to , perhaps that's the problem .. I'm going to replace the points and condenser and set them per your specs and if the problem remains I guess i'll have to pull the motor and inspect the magneto area ... is it true that the motor needs to be pulled for the magneto ?
Thanks for the service manuals you posted the one looks exactly like my 3210V Landlord ; it has the tilling attachment and that is all I use it for , I have a large garden and a sand area that I till regularly .
Thanks again Mr Rivets and i'll keep you updated , it may be a few days before I can get back working on it .
Chuck

MR RIVETS it was the coil/magneto requiring engine removal .... mice had gotten up in there and built a huge nest and pissed all over the magneto ; she's running and I roto-tilled my garden .
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP !
Chuck

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for posting the results, most of the time we never know if our replies help. Now can you help me till my wife's flower beds? Have a great summer.

DoubleGeeBar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for posting the results, most of the time we never know if our replies help. Now can you help me till my wife's flower beds? Have a great summer.
Hi Mr Rivets ,
I have an old MTD Riding Lawnmower that i use with a 2-stage snowblower attachment .
-
There is some switch or linkage adjustment that engages the blade / snowblower that prevents the Engine Cranking -
i have had trouble in the past but just wiggled the blade engagement arm and then it would crank over - now it is not ;
any insight as to what could be adjusted or replaced ?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post the model number of the tractor and tiller. There is a PTO engagement switch that probably needs to be adjusted. When I get the number I’ll help you locate it. By the way, seeing you were to busy this past summer to till my wife’s flower garden, what are the chances for this spring when the tundra thaws?