Simplicity Brush Mower with 13.4 hp intek Briggs & Stratton

skleppin

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Simplicity Brush Mower with 13.4 hp intek Briggs & Stratton
Howdy,

I have an older Simplicity brush mower I use on my tree farm. When I engage the mower blade and cut, it dies after a few minutes. Heavy brush makes it worse. Eventually it will even stall after the blade is disengaged. Increasing the throttle makes it worse. Air filter cleaned. Coil replaced, new gas. In talking with the guy that does my repairs, he feels the carburetor is the last option. Any other ideas? Thanks, Steve.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I personally would have started with the carb. Post the engines model and type and code numbers so we can see exactly which engine you have. Briggs built a variety of 13.5 hp engines.

skleppin

Forum Newbie
Threads
I personally would have started with the carb. Post the engines model and type and code numbers so we can see exactly which engine you have. Briggs built a variety of 13.5 hp engines.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. 21B977 0120 E1 031120ZA. For the record, I am no mechanic. I just hoping to get to all possibilities of the problem so I don't get it back from repair and it does 10 minutes later. Steve

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Replacing a carb would be a last option, but cleaning and rebuilding should be high on things to do. I would have done it before replacing a coil. One other thing on those engines is a blown head gasket, which will show up as rougher running engine as it warms up.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Replacing a carb would be a last option, but cleaning and rebuilding should be high on things to do. I would have done it before replacing a coil. One other thing on those engines is a blown head gasket, which will show up as rougher running engine as it warms up.
https://www.google.com/search?q=B&S...ome..69i57.26811j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 WALBRO carb. overhaul kit

https://www.google.com/search?q=b&S....69i57j0l5.18144j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 NIKKI carb. overhaul kit

skleppin

Forum Newbie
Threads