Simplicity 2009? 20/52 PTO

GGSlingray

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mother-in-law has what I believe to be a 2009 Simplicity 20/52 with a Briggs and Stratton 20hp Vanguard. The tractor is in very nice condition, she cuts great, drives like a dream, runs perfect (after cleaning the carb) and is in overall great condition. My mother-in-law had asked me to take a look at it because she noticed some oil dripping on to the mower deck. After doing some inspecting, I determined that the crankshaft main seal was the culprit. After installing a new main seal and putting everything back together, except, I had not installed the mower deck.
I ran the tractor for about an hour with a fresh oil and filter change. After running it for a while I parked it and slid a piece a cardboard under the engine and waited to see if any oil was still dripping out, I waited about an hour and the cardboard was perfect clean. While I was waiting, I started thinking, wait a minute something is wrong here. So, I pulled the PTO back off and it seems to me that something is missing. Please see pictures. Shouldn't there be a bushing that slides into that bearing on the bottom of the PTO?. I looked up part diagrams (Which none I could find were very clear) and I don't see any bushing listed. This can't be right, right? Any help will be greatly appreciated and if someone can point me to the part/parts that I need that would be great. Yeah, I should have noticed this right away but I'm a bit long in the tooth and sometimes it takes me awhile. Simplicity Broadmoor 20/52 Broadmoor Lawn Tractor- model number 1694632 I tried to post a picture of the tractor but it keeps telling me the picture is to large. I resized the pic to as small as I could, and it still says the same thing.

Attachments

• Simplycity 5.jpg
    Simplycity 5.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 6

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Maybe the lock washer is missing between the thick washer and the bolt head but everything else looks fine. Most electric clutches are just held on by the bolt with a thick washer. Nothing to keep it aligned other than the part of the clutch that sits on the end of the crankshaft and the pressure of the bolt to keep it true.