Shredding deck belts

Keefus

Forum Newbie
Threads
I keep shredding deck belts on my XT1 enduro 42” LT Cub Cadet mower🤬
I was trying to get out cheap by using beltsh, no broke down and bought the proper OEM belt. I worked fine
for about 1/2 hour then rolled🤬.
All pulleys etc seem to be fine, even after me working on deck to get new belt on.
Also, the pulley(key waged) seems to have a wee bit of vertical movement. While attaching the deck belt, I’d removed he bracket that keeps the belt there
Any possibility this could be causing the problem?

Last edited:

alloutdoors

Forum Newbie
Threads
When you have the belt engaged, is the belt "jumping/vibrating heavy"? Reason for asking, you may have a spring tension issue or a bad pully somewhere. It may be worth pulling the deck and closely examining everything for play

Keefus

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for reply!!!!
THAT Problem solved!!!
Seems that POSSIBLY when mower was put together, someone didn’t put a washer on the main pulley(from engine shaft to the double pulley for the drive/deck).
Been fine since that repair.
BUT, now mower runs very rough. It sounds almost like a (automatic) choke is stuck🤷‍♂️.
Seems like when going uphill, mower will almost shut off. On level or downhill, runs ok.
Not familiar with the carb set up on this unit.
When working on belt, I did turn mower up on its side(couple of times), could a float possibly be stuck?