should i buy??

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Great going so far! Looking good. As far as the Jazz radio, whaddya mean, the utter silence? :confused: I got no audio. :frown:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
thanks Twall.....these Snappers are really growing on me :biggrin:....you should have audio....????

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
thanks Twall.....these Snappers are really growing on me :biggrin:....you should have audio....????

Snapper will do that to ya! :wink: They make a really quality machine. Very heavily-built. JD quality, without the JD ergonomics and comfort - that's the downside. Be ready. :frown: They are not the comfiest thing you've ever put a blade to your grass on.

BUT, they WORK. And they KEEP working. When they break, you can get PARTS. Try that with a JD RER!!! :laughing: It's Ebay time for those guys! Meanwhile, you can partstree or whatever - even go to a dealer if you like paying through the nose.

Nope, no audio. This happens with some youtube video for some of us. I was trying to watch a George Carlin clip forever - but there was no audio. Some people heard it, others didn't. I didn't. Methinks it is the same with your production. :frown:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
i got a first coat of paint on it...its in the high 90's here everyday....so my masking melted and curled up [unbeknownst to me].....so i got some overspray....no biggie...it need another coat...so ill fix it all then..i wish i could do a show job...but it is a lawnmower.... theres little dings and rough areas here and there...but itl look 1000 times better when done

Attachments

• IMG_1024[1].jpg
    IMG_1024[1].jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 27

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
i got a first coat of paint on it...its in the high 90's here everyday....so my masking melted and curled up [unbeknownst to me].....so i got some overspray....no biggie...it need another coat...so ill fix it all then..i wish i could do a show job...but it is a lawnmower.... theres little dings and rough areas here and there...but itl look 1000 times better when done

HEY, now THAT paint job came out spectacular! I take it you bought new decals anyway (cheap as they are, and available, too) You forgot the front rims, though......:wink:

No other mockery this time! Really good job! Now go and re-paint that Suburban........:biggrin: :laughing:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
the next time you see it ....it'll be finished....that front decal bugs me a little [ not being the original white/black]...but it looks clean ..........and i talked to the Snapper dealer to see if i could get some turtle stickers...but he said they dont make them anymore :frown:...i guess 10% of the parts on Snappers are foreign made and the turtle named S.A.M. stood for .......Snapper..American..Made....so they've officially killled the turtle..i was bummed...so if you see any turtle stuff..grab it and keep it

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
well...its 95% done....the plastic gas tank is faded....id like to polish that or paint it......it stands out now that everything else is shiny.......of course the wheels still need they're paint.....and a few finish paint touch ups....the new SNAPPER decal looks pretty good....but the original style [white/black letters]would be much better.....no vibrations...smooth at low and high rpms now....fires on the first pull everytime....reverse still requires hercules [ ive got to fix that if anybody else ever uses this thing].....that HI-VAC is no joke!...i started the blade up over my gravel driveway and it left a 2" deep manhole under it..DAMN!:eek:....if i left the blade on... it would've gone to china! :laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_1036[1].jpg
    IMG_1036[1].jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1037[1].jpg
    IMG_1037[1].jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1038[1].jpg
    IMG_1038[1].jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1039[1].jpg
    IMG_1039[1].jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 35

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
well....im finished.......its a light resto job... [except the overspray on 2 tires....thats what you get when you paint in the wind]:confused2:ill get that cleaned off tonight.....fires on the first pull everytime....man!...you gotta love that!

Attachments

• IMG_1064[2].jpg
    IMG_1064[2].jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1065[2].jpg
    IMG_1065[2].jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1066[2].jpg
    IMG_1066[2].jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1067[2].jpg
    IMG_1067[2].jpg