Shindaiwa leaf blower max speed seems low

mooch91

Threads
All,

I have an older Shindaiwa leaf blower (EB2510 C4 - 4-stroke) that seems to have a low max speed. I just replaced the coil due to it shutting off suddenly, and since I hadn't used the thing a while before I did so, I'm not sure if it was always like this or not.

It's a little sluggish to rev up, and when it does rev up, the speed seems low. My tach shows 8600 rpm as the max it reaches, but I don't know what the spec is for the engine. It runs the same whether half choked or choke open.

Valve adjustment is good. Exhaust is completely clear. Carb has been cleaned multiple times, even sonic cleaned the main jet orifice. I also adjusted the mtering lever with the Walbro W tool.

The only adjustment screw on the carb is the low speed, and that is adjusted fine.

It doesn't stumble or bog once at top speed, but like I said, it seems lower than it should.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You're at spec.

mooch91

Threads
Thanks, I wasn't sure if that was just the engine rating or the actual speed of the blower. I've seen some instances where mowers have a peak HP at 3400 rpm but are set at 3600 rpm for proper blade tip speed.

If that's the actual speed, then I'm good running at 8600 rpm.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
EB2510 Carb setting.JPG