Shaft Spindle Help

JWM18

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone,

Bought a used Lesco 48 commercial plus belt drive yesterday. Cuts way too high and I'm maxed out on shaft collars. Has anyone just bought longer hex bolts to drop their blades lower? Need some advice. Thanks all!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Do you mean you are wanting to cut lower than 2 inches which is the design minimum cutting height?

Last edited:

JWM18

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do you mean you are wanting to cut lower than 2 inches which is the design minimum cutting height.
No I would love to cut at 2 inches. Right now the blade height must be at 3.5 minimum. I think the previous owner swapped out the spindle and kept the same shaft so it's sitting too high. I went to cut for the first time yesterday and I was barely clipping with maxed out collars.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hmmm. I must be looking at the wrong mower as I see that three spindles are used. If the previous owner only swaped one spindle then that would it to cut wrong only that spindle if the wrong spindle was installed.

JWM18

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hmmm. I must be looking at the wrong mower as I see that three spindles are used. If the previous owner only swaped one spindle then that would it to cut wrong only that spindle if the wrong spindle was installed.
No you're right, I'm sorry I should have been more clear. Three spindles, all blades are cutting high. I think they swapped all the spindles but kept the OEM shaft which probably isn't designed for the spindle. I'm just wondering if I can swap the shaft with just a home Depot hex bolt of a longer length