SH270 Simpson Pressure washer

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
usually when I buy something I read the manual and try to figure where everything is before using it. This Simpson MS61124 with a Kohler SH270 bogs my mind. Some places say it has a throttle control. Some say it has a fuel shutoff, Some say a choke. So far I found a lever marked choke, and another metal level that is hard to move. Poorly marked on everything, and the online manuals I've found so far are useless for the most part as to what the controls are. Anyone with an Kohler SH270 want to tell me what the controls might be based on theirs, especially if yours is on a SImpson pressure washer?

On-off switch - clearly marked
Choke - Clearly marked
Metal lever that is hard to move - it is either fuel or throttle.

And - I have never bought an engine before where all the engine labels - including serial number sticker etc., come in a packet where the new owner is supposed to find a place to adhere them. But that is exactly what came with the unit. I put the stickers with the owners manual but it is clear they were designed to be adhered to some place(s) on the engine. There were no obvious spots.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The metal lever that is hard to move would be throttle and will correspond with the label on the front of the blower housing next to the starter rope. The red lever below the white choke control would be the on-off valve for the fuel.

And on Simpson pressure washers the model label should be on the lower part of the handle below were the two parts snap together. With Kohler engines the model serial number tag is normally stuck to the blower housing and in your case will be on the lower part of the blower housing, from the pictures may be under the on-off switch. And Kohler will also attach a second set of labels to a zip tie around the oil fill tube that can be used to put some place else on the unit or to just hang onto in the owners manual

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you more than you know. I have arthritis in my back, and bad eyes these days so knowing where to expect something, is a lot easier than laying on the ground in pain with a flashlight trying to figure out what each things is from labels I can barely read up close. Your description will help a lot. I'll keep the spare labels with the owners manual in my file cabinet with the other manuals.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, got a chance to use it. Your instructions really helped. I pulled about 5 or 6 times then said, oh yeah, this one has an on - off switch. Fired right up. Very happy with it.