SGS Strimmer Possible Carb Issue

rustler89

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Everyone.

Used strimmer that I am repairing for use. Brand and type of strimmer here.

I have replaced the fuel lines as they had perished and added a new fuel filter. Strimmer starts and runs well at idle. It occasionally will die after a period of time but once hot it stays on continuously.

The problem occurs when I pick the strimmer up to use. At that point the engine runs rough; I get exhaust fumes; no power to the head and the engine dies.

I am hypothesising that the carb also needs a clean/replacement but would like a steer in case it is something else too.

Thanks

Ocean909

Threads
If the fuel lines have rotted away, its a good bet the diaphragms in the carb are hard as an old boot. I would order a carb kit and do a thorough cleaning. If you intended on keeping the trimmer I would rebuild the OEM carb and avoid a cheap after martket version if possible. The OEM tends to miles better than aftermarket

Ocean909

Threads
Forgot to mention...did you try adjusting the fuel adjustment screw(s) on the carb. Sounds like you may need more fuel.

rustler89

Forum Newbie
Threads
Forgot to mention...did you try adjusting the fuel adjustment screw(s) on the carb. Sounds like you may need more fuel.
Adjusted the carb screw. Manual calls for 1.5 to 2 turns anti clockwise. I am probably at 3ish at the moment.

Got an OEM carb coming today. I have never rebuilt one/cleaned one out. So planning to fit the new one and then work on the old one.

Fingers crossed 🤞