Setting rpm under load or no load?

breagler

Threads
For my Fastrak SDX with a Kawasaki FX730V engine and 60 inch deck the manual has the minimum and maximum rpm settings but no mention if this is done under load or no load. Would anyone know which condition would be correct for setting the engine RPM? I've not had a response from my dealer on this as of yet.
Cheers,
GB

Attachments

• Adobe Acrobat Professional - [hustler-fastrak-sdx-.png
    Adobe Acrobat Professional - [hustler-fastrak-sdx-.png
    20 KB · Views: 9

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Personally I've never seen a rpm adjustment for Under load. The engine's Governor takes care of maintaining the RPM under load.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Personally I've never seen a rpm adjustment for Under load. The engine's Governor takes care of maintaining the RPM under load.
Correct. The only we would worry about the amount of governor droop is with generators where we need to maintain 50 hz or 60 hz. Even at 60Hz we have a governor droop of 150 rpm.

Mower do have a larger droop but that is actually good as at a lower rpm there is more torque per the spec charts I have seen.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Only time correct engine RPMs are set under load is on a generator. Here your engine speed controls generator output, which must be kept in a small specific window to prevent the ruining of other equipment.