serial number

kckc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All,
I have a 12.5 HP, 5 SPEED, 40" CUT mower. This tractor just runs and cuts so clean,i use it just around the house property. My wife decided to mow, and promptly ran over a tree stump and
bent the blade. All i have ever done to this tractor is sharpen the blades and change oil. I bought 10 years ago from a guy who couldn't keep it running, put in a new plug and off she went.

I started looking for a blade, I was on Murry's site trying to figure out the serial number, mine number is 0577-05. i don't know the year, and when i look up blades on line there are different ones
out there. Want to be sure i get the correct on first.

That's my problem, i'm hopeful someone more skilled than me can help.
Any help, advice, thought-much appreciated!
Thank You,
KC

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
There should be a model number tag either under the seat or on the rear plate above the hitch. May be missing but that is a starting point.

Something else to check is remove the blade and clean it well, and the part number should be stamped into the steel.

kckc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wow, great idea, i should have thought of that! I put the blade on spike wheel and have the part numbers. The 0577-05, is the number under the
seat.
Thank You!
KC

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd just take the blade with me to a place that sells blades. They can match it up.