Sears Part Direct problem

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well this and last week I was trying to order a couple seats thru Sears because Gardner refused to tell me the shipping costs on 5 seats. Well they are declining to apply my sales tax exemption for an online order. If I order over the phone the seats would cost an extra 10% but the exemption would be applied but I would still basically paying the sales tax. I would have to beg to get my money refunded after the sale. Decided to just do creative bookkeeping on this end to offset the taxes.

Quote from email from SearsPartDirect

Ended up ordering the seats today as I found a way to get 18.4% off per seat and I do know the total shipping cost is 39.99. This mostly offset the sales tax. So I now know I will make a profit on the order while saving the customer some money too.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Good deal.
Hopefully you receive them. Ive had too many issues with SPD, ordering and never receiving the item with no explanation other than "we will refund your money"

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes SPD does have bad record here too on orders but in this case they appear to have these in stock as they are constantly giving a business day delivery time. They were slightly higher than Gardner until I found that extra discount. Now they are couple dollars less plus shipping.

As I said Gardner got to keep the order if they only would tell what the expected shipping cost was. But of course Gardner has stab me in the back on some orders so I have to extra careful ordering from them now. With no written (email) quoted shipping they just charge whatever they want to.