Sears Eager/Tecumseh Compression

Jeffalex2

Forum Newbie
My neighbor gave me an old edger with a 3hp Eager on it. Compression check wet with carb off is only 75lbs. Valves look good... should I put rings in it? See how it runs as is?

Thanks!
 
I'd just run it. When I looked to re-ring a 5.5hp Tecumseh TVS120, the ring set was over $40. Plus, the cyl could have worn and there be little benefit with new rings.
 
My neighbor gave me an old edger with a 3hp Eager on it. Compression check wet with carb off is only 75lbs. Valves look good... should I put rings in it? See how it runs as is?

Thanks!

Put up some pics. Try to get a few shots with each valve open, try to show their face.
 
I put it back together, cleaned everything up... have a nice spark... fuel came out the air cleaner... I even adjusted and tested the float when I cleaned out the carb.
To be continued...

Thanks all!!!
 
Back
Top