Export thread

Searching for parts. Model T22DV

P

paydaddy

The drive coupler between the engine and the hydro's flew apart on my model T22DV Ransome. I've been looking all day with no luck. Any ideas on how to fabricate a replacement or where to buy a replacement?

M

mechanic mark

http://www.mowerpartsweb.com/MANUALS/BOBCAT/T22DV.PDF Post the part numbers of parts needed.

P

paydaddy

Thanks Mark, I have this same manual and I didn't see the coupler in the manual. A brief description would be the coupler is an aluminum block with a thick rubber on each end with 4 3/8x20 bolts that join the motor to the hydro's. Flange to Flange is 7" and each flange has 2 holes 2.5" apart. Maybe I missed the part number in the manual you forwarded. If you know what it is could you please forward it to me.
Thanks again. If not I would like to sell my machine for $1500. It's in great condition.

M

mechanic mark

Check out page 24 in parts manual, look familiar? You can take mower to reputable drive line shop if you so choose.

BlazNT

BlazNT

RSJ part number BAF8579
Ranson part number 48579
I strongly suggest you take it to a drive line shop.

P

paydaddy

Thanks, Who has this part I need it bad. I've tried Turfwerks with no luck. What does RSJ mean?

M

Midniteoyl

Got a picture? I am having a hard time finding the part in the manual, much less any luck with that part number.

BlazNT

BlazNT

Ransomes Sims & Jefferies I am guessing they are the original builders of Bobcat

BlazNT

BlazNT

bobcat.jpg

M

Midniteoyl

Ahh.. Didnt scroll far enough.. Page 42, not 24 ;)

Ya, gonna be hard to find that whole thing..

@paydaddy: Whats wrong with the shaft? Rubber gone? U-joints bad?

P

paydaddy

My coupler was two round rubbers with an aluminum block in between. Two 3/8 bolts attach it to the crank pulley and two 3/8 bolts attach it to the hydro's.
They are spaced 2.5" apart on both ends. I made a coupler out of 3/4" black pipe with threaded flanges on each end. I welded each flange where the threads are so it won't come apart when it's spinning. The pic Blaze sent wasn't in the manual Mike sent me. I'm sure it would work if I could find one. I.m nervous about the one I fabricated taking out the hydro pump cause it's not balanced. I did have to jack up on the coupler I made to get the bolts to line up cause the motor and hydro pulleys are not lined up perfectly. They are about 3/8" off. When it's running there is a slight wobble. Any advice would be appreciated.

P

paydaddy

Sorry I forgot to answer your question Midnite. The rubber mounted coupler is in pieces. No way to repair it.

BlazNT

BlazNT

My coupler was two round rubbers with an aluminum block in between. Two 3/8 bolts attach it to the crank pulley and two 3/8 bolts attach it to the hydro's.
They are spaced 2.5" apart on both ends. I made a coupler out of 3/4" black pipe with threaded flanges on each end. I welded each flange where the threads are so it won't come apart when it's spinning. The pic Blaze sent wasn't in the manual Mike sent me. I'm sure it would work if I could find one. I.m nervous about the one I fabricated taking out the hydro pump cause it's not balanced. I did have to jack up on the coupler I made to get the bolts to line up cause the motor and hydro pulleys are not lined up perfectly. They are about 3/8" off. When it's running there is a slight wobble. Any advice would be appreciated.

I got that out of the parts manual Mark sent you page 42 http://www.mowerpartsweb.com/MANUALS/BOBCAT/T22DV.PDF

BlazNT

BlazNT

Sorry I forgot to answer your question Midnite. The rubber mounted coupler is in pieces. No way to repair it.

Take it to a driveline shop and they can build a new one.

P

paydaddy

Thanks I just found it on pg.42. I wonder why mine is different. I'll go to jungle drive line Monday and see if they can build one for me. If anyone knows where I can buy Ransomes part#48579 please let me know.
Thanks Guys!

BlazNT

BlazNT

I have been looking all over the web with no luck.

P

paydaddy

Thanks Bro, If your ever in Leesburg Fl. I I'm about 10 miles east of the big International Harvester Museum. 11 acres for camping, 4000sf. shop and 2 Boxers .
Anyone can call Jeffro or my wife Dixie. 352-314-0221. We are always willing to help. TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT!!!

M

Midniteoyl

Sounds way different than what is in the manual.. Also sounds like a Dynaflex coupler.

Rubber-Parts-Catalog-Delta-Flex-LORD-DYNAFLEX-Coupling-LCR-Type-table.jpg

P

paydaddy

This close to what I am looking for. It needs to 6.25" in length that will bolt up to a flange with two 3/8 bolts that are 2.5" apart pattern on each end of coupler.
I'm gonna turn in, the heat kicked my butt today. Glad I found you guy's and take care.
To be continued.

T

terryboyer

Hello,
I just purchased a Ransomes T22DV diesel garden rotary 61" mower.
Is there another model or series to refer to get a manual?
None of the sites show a T22VD manual.
The seller said it was a Kubota engine but I'm thinking Mitsubishi.
I need a new steering box as Godzilla could not turn the wheel plus it has about 180 degrees of play.
The hour meter works and only shows 0513.

It runs great and starts right up but is a fright to handle.

Terry in Petaluma

T

terryboyer

Hello all,
Just got a Ransomes T22DV. Ser #000522
You all mentioned a website for a manual.
Found the site but not the model.
Is the t22dv known by a different product name? Or maybe a series# or a model name?
Also ,
I suspect my 3 cyl diesel is a Mitsubishi.
Cannot find serial numbers for engine.
Any help would be appreciated.
I also need a steering box.

Terry in Petaluma.