Screws on plate won't come off. XT722FE model. Replace Starter Rope issue.

mowerrunner12

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Screws on plate won't come off. XT722FE model. Replace Starter Rope issue.
Hello.

Can anyone help me with my XT722FE? I broke the starter-pull-rope and need to replace it.

These three screws just won't come off. If you turn them, all they do is spin.

Now I can barely see a screw under them that needs to be held still, BUT.... it's under the Plastic and behind two walls of plastic. You can't get a wrench in there. How do you do this?

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Attachments

• sdfds.jpeg
    sdfds.jpeg
    353 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just keep turning the nuts as they are stuck on the studs. This will unscrew the studs then the cover assy can be taken off. After the cover assy is off the using a second wrench to hold the stud remove the nut on each stud. If I remember correctly the ignition coil is mounted with regular screw and one of the studs so it will need regapping and the stud tighten to spec.

Blower Housing
Stud 10 N·m (88 in. lb.)
Nut 8 N·m (70 in. lb.)

mowerrunner12

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just keep turning the nuts as they are stuck on the studs. This will unscrew the studs then the cover assy can be taken off. After the cover assy is off the using a second wrench to hold the stud remove the nut on each stud. If I remember correctly the ignition coil is mounted with regular screw and one of the studs so it will need regapping and the stud tighten to spec.

Blower Housing
Stud 10 N·m (88 in. lb.)
Nut 8 N·m (70 in. lb.)

Thank you for taking time to respond. I will try that! I'm not sure what "regapping" meant but I'll look it up.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Regapping is adjusting the Coil air gap between it and the flywheel, usually around .010" or so. varys engine to engine.
if you cant find the specs a business card thickness will suffice.

mowerrunner12

Forum Newbie
Threads
Regapping is adjusting the Coil air gap between it and the flywheel, usually around .010" or so. varys engine to engine.
if you cant find the specs a business card thickness will suffice.
Thanks