SCAGS Magnum iii Beast

neighborbill

Threads
I have one of the few Scags Magnum Diesel grass cutters.
I have been experiencing a problem that maybe someone might know about .
HST works good, but it wants to pump when I change directions. Pump like the whole tractor bounces. I can relieve the problem by cutting back on the RPM's or pampering the foot Hydralic pedal.
Only happens when I change directions on the cutter. Fluid is where it should be.

neighborbill

Threads
I have one of the few Scags Magnum Diesel grass cutters.
I have been experiencing a problem that maybe someone might know about .
HST works good, but it wants to pump when I change directions. Pump like the whole tractor bounces. I can relieve the problem by cutting back on the RPM's or pampering the foot Hydralic pedal.
Only happens when I change directions on the cutter. Fluid is where it should be.
I also own a Turf Tiger with a 23 hp ZTR. Absolutely no problems with this 61 inch cutter in 30 years. I bought the Magnum because it was a 72 inch cutter and it was local. It is the heaviest, largest cutter with a sulky on the back. No power steering. The Kubota Diesel puts everything into moving and cutting with this machine. I can see why Scags stopped making but I'm also glad that I have one. There is nothing easy to get at for maintenance and to lift it up you almost need a Skid Steer. Never the less I still take my hat off the Scag Engineers who came up with this monster.
Just some lip service here.