Export thread

Scag turf tiger dies during use.

M

MikeyD

I have a scag turf tiger with the kohler aegis motor. Starts up fine but after 5 mins starts coughing here and there then eventually dies. it cranks but doesn’t start up. I leave it alone for while, then when I try again starts right back up like nothing wrong. Eventually does it again after using. Fuses good, changed fuel filter, air filter. Not sure if fuel pump or fuel regulator? What you guys think. Thx

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

Bad fuel pump or sticking choke? Does it have autochoke or anything?

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

I have a scag turf tiger with the kohler aegis motor. Starts up fine but after 5 mins starts coughing here and there then eventually dies. it cranks but doesn’t start up. I leave it alone for while, then when I try again starts right back up like nothing wrong. Eventually does it again after using. Fuses good, changed fuel filter, air filter. Not sure if fuel pump or fuel regulator? What you guys think. Thx
What is a Kohler aegis engine? Need the model number of engine please. First thing to do is loosen gas cap and run it and see if it makes it longer that 5-10 minutes.

I

ILENGINE

What is a Kohler aegis engine? Need the model number of engine please. First thing to do is loosen gas cap and run it and see if it makes it longer that 5-10 minutes.
Aegis is the water cooled Rehlko engine. To the OP make sure the tanks are clean and don't have debris clogging the fuel outlet of the tank. Also had Turf Tiger in the shop a few years ago that had issues with the inner layer of the fuel line had separated causing a similar issue.