scag TT II Kawasaki engine FD851D fuel pump problems

Maxgigo11

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I hope someone can help me out. I have a 2016 Scag turf tiger II with the Kawasaki engine. I thought I had a faulty fuel pump, it wouldn’t come on for the 3 secs after turning the key switch, so I purchased a new pump. I have the same problem. I connected both pump directly to a 12v source and they worked fine. I took a voltage reading on the leads to the pump (disconnected from the pump), and they read the proper 13.5 Volts when I turned the key, but once connected at the pump, it drops to zero. I’m not sure why I get this voltage drop. I really wish I could find the electrical wiring schematic. Does anyone have any ideas?
Truly appreciate any help

txmowman

Threads
Hi, I hope someone can help me out. I have a 2016 Scag turf tiger II with the Kawasaki engine. I thought I had a faulty fuel pump, it wouldn’t come on for the 3 secs after turning the key switch, so I purchased a new pump. I have the same problem. I connected both pump directly to a 12v source and they worked fine. I took a voltage reading on the leads to the pump (disconnected from the pump), and they read the proper 13.5 Volts when I turned the key, but once connected at the pump, it drops to zero. I’m not sure why I get this voltage drop. I really wish I could find the electrical wiring schematic. Does anyone have any ideas?
Truly appreciate any help
Check the connector at the ECU. Make sure there is no corrosion or damaged pin(s). The schematic for the power wire for the pump is provided by the Scag wiring harness.

Attachments

• fd851d.jpg
    fd851d.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 8

Maxgigo11

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check the connector at the ECU. Make sure there is no corrosion or damaged pin(s). The schematic for the power wire for the pump is provided by the Scag wiring harness.
Praise God! That was it brother, bad connection at the plug due to some nonconductive gunk in there! Thank you so much.

txmowman

Threads
Happy to help. Pack that connector with dielectric or EP wheel bearing grease. If you power wash, be friendly around those/all connectors. Cheers