Scag Tiger Cub grease fitting changes

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Troops,
Finally got around to doing four grease fitting changes on my machine. The reason is easier access for the grease gun.
I removed both drive wheels, removed the straight fittings and installed 45 degree fittings. Now I can grease the brakes easily after lifting the seat up. I also turned the 90 degree fittings on the deck stabilizers to face up so I can grease them easier also accessing them from under the seat. A machine with smaller diameter wheels may not have enough clearance to do this if the brakes are the same size. With the wheels installed, I can pass a finger tip over the grease fitting so there is enough clearance.
Check out the pics.
Mad Mackie in CT

Attachments

• PA100005.JPG
    PA100005.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 34
  • PA100006.JPG
    PA100006.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 36
  • PA100008.JPG
    PA100008.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Tdog

Threads
Hi Troops,
Finally got around to doing four grease fitting changes on my machine. The reason is easier access for the grease gun.
I removed both drive wheels, removed the straight fittings and installed 45 degree fittings. Now I can grease the brakes easily after lifting the seat up. I also turned the 90 degree fittings on the deck stabilizers to face up so I can grease them easier also accessing them from under the seat. A machine with smaller diameter wheels may not have enough clearance to do this if the brakes are the same size. With the wheels installed, I can pass a finger tip over the grease fitting so there is enough clearance.
Check out the pics.
Mad Mackie in CT

Thanks for the great pics. I had already bought a small assortment pack of grease fittings and was planning to do this. Will give me an excuse to pull the wheels off and check my brakes as well. I just bought my Cub in great condition with 256 hours from the original homeowner. Doing the complete maintenance thing (plugs, oils, air, fuel, transmission filter) even though some of it may not be necessary. Pulled the blades off today and sharpened them (they need changed) cleaned the underside of the deck and a full lube job. Also added some Seafoam to the gas. May change the fuel lines as the mower is 9 years old even though it looks almost new :thumbsup: Lots of good info here. Appreciate it.