Scag Tiger Cat II Productivity

JPKLawns

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone have information on how fast a Tiger cat II will realistically mow. The only stats that are provided is a blanket rate for all of their mowers and not specific to engine types/ZTR models. If anyone has data on how many acres per hour they can achieve with weekly and/or 14 day mowings. Also do you normally need to double cut bi-weeklys with a scag? I am currently using a toro timecutter HD 48" but it does not perform well enough for commercial use; I normally need to double cut everything and it takes me about 40 minutes to mow a 26,000sft yard. I am looking for a mower that can cut that time down to 12-15 minutes (just mowing component). I am currently considering a tiger cat 2; with either a 61" deck and 26hp Kawi or a 52" deck with a 28hp Brigs Vanguard. If anyone has any specific data on cutting times for specific models, I would greatly appreciate it!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Let's put in terms everyone might use understand better. The OP referring to cutting 6/10 of an acre.

Personally I think doing it in 15 minutes is a little unrealistic if you are going to be doing it safely. First any mower needs time for the blades to cut properly. Duller the blades the long it takes. Plus you need a perfectly level lawn with no objects to mow around. If I try mowing as fast as some my customer mowers can move I be bouncing out of the seat. It also depends how much you are taking off the top on each pass.

To be going this fast also means you probably would tearing up the lawn when making turns too. My neighbor's Hustler Super Z can mow very fast but if you try to turn when that fat it simply slides around ripping up grass, plus I might just slam into a tree or other object.

It is also give any figures how many acres as different grasses grow at different rates at any given time. Some grow like weeds in early Spring, other grow rapidly during the seeding times. They faster during humid weather than dry spells. They also like grow rather fast if large amounts are removed at once vs having an inch removed at each time.

JPKLawns

Forum Newbie
Threads
Let's put in terms everyone might use understand better. The OP referring to cutting 6/10 of an acre.

Personally I think doing it in 15 minutes is a little unrealistic if you are going to be doing it safely. First any mower needs time for the blades to cut properly. Duller the blades the long it takes. Plus you need a perfectly level lawn with no objects to mow around. If I try mowing as fast as some my customer mowers can move I be bouncing out of the seat. It also depends how much you are taking off the top on each pass.

To be going this fast also means you probably would tearing up the lawn when making turns too. My neighbor's Hustler Super Z can mow very fast but if you try to turn when that fat it simply slides around ripping up grass, plus I might just slam into a tree or other object.

It is also give any figures how many acres as different grasses grow at different rates at any given time. Some grow like weeds in early Spring, other grow rapidly during the seeding times. They faster during humid weather than dry spells. They also like grow rather fast if large amounts are removed at once vs having an inch removed at each time.
What would you consider a realistic time for this sized lawn? I understand many factors play in to it but a general estimate that would cover most weekly situations.

BrentW

Threads
I mow 4 acres with a 61 inch TCII in less than an hour with lots of obstacles.