Scag Ignition Relay

Hayward51

Threads
Boy do I wish I was at the mower myself. So hard to explain things remotely. Something is still connecting to +12v which getting grounded and blowing the fuse.
I was trying to figure it out myself but I still don't understand how the grounding system works. I toned the Pink wire just to make sure it was going to the parking brake. The tone wouldn't run on the grounded wire until I released the brake. I assumed a wire past that switch had it grounded. I wish you were around also, mainly to explain how this works. I'm at a stand still. Can you give me a hint on how to determine the fault ??

Last edited:

Hayward51

Threads
I was trying to figure it out myself but I still don't understand how the grounding system works. I toned the Pink wire just to make sure it was going to the parking brake. The tone wouldn't run on the grounded wire until I released the brake. I assumed a wire past that switch had it grounded. I wish you were around also, mainly to explain how this works. I'm at a stand still. Can you give me a hint on how to determine the fault ??
Star Tech, if I knew more about the gounding system, I would continue myself and not bother you any further. I'm at a loss not knowing and would like to know how to test for the 12V without blowing fuses. I do appreciate your input.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well the old way I use before they banned them was to use an 100w incandescent light bulb. But it is resettable circuit breakers that works to save fuses. They even come in auto reset versions.

Auto reset Fuses (circuit breakers)

I usually don't worry replacing fuses as I get off Amazon dirt cheap.

Bulk ATC Fuses

Last edited:

Hayward51

Threads
Well the old way I use before they banned them was to use an 100w incandescent light bulb. But it is resettable circuit breakers that works to save fuses. They even come in auto reset versions.

Auto reset Fuses (circuit breakers)

I usually don't worry replacing fuses as I get off Amazon dirt cheap.

Bulk ATC Fuses
It's not the cost of fuses that worries me. IF I can get the 12V to stay on long enough to find the wire, what do I do with the 12V wire ? Ground it ?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That's where the old light bulb was so handy as it lit brightly during shorts and you could disconnect things until it lit dimly. You need to disconnect 12 v wire but first you got find why it is coming from to cause the short to ground.