Scag Freedom Z or Patriot

LSMB

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have about .70 acres and was in the market for a Scag ZTR. I was going to get the Liberty or the Freedom Z because it’s really all I need but I have the opportunity to get the Patriot with a 61 inch deck and a Kawasaki engine for only 6600 dollars. It is a 8200 dollar mower. It’s a little much for what I am cutting but it’s a heck of a deal and I can’t decide what to do. Help!

dithelen

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking to buy my first Scag ZTR so I'm probably not a good source of advice but here goes. I live in the Lansing MI. area and I would buy the Patriot for that price. Around here I was quoted around $7500 for Patriot with a 52" deck. I'm also a newbie at forums and I just noticed your post date of last April so you most likely already made your purchase. Anyway I wish I could find a Patriot for that price.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
So for 8 grand, how many times could you have your tiny 0.7 acre Ponderosa spread professionally mowed? And in that same time, how much fuel would you have to buy? These 0-turn mowers DRINK the fuel. How much would you spend on oil, oil filters, BLADES, computers going out, fuses and belts? Air filters, valve adjustments....... Failing hydros? $$$$

What I'm getting at is have your lawn professionally mowed. You sit ON THE COUCH drinking a cold beer with the game on. American's don't do manual labor. Sub it out to a needy family that "Sleepy" Joe Biden is "allowing" to live in your neighborhood.

Lastly with a 61" deck, you would park the mower in the middle of that spacious 0.7 acre lot. Turn the blades on once then shut them off. Put the mower back in the garage.

Get a couple push mowers. One for you and one for the wife. Great way to SPEND TIME TOGETHER and is SOOOO romantic. You can say you were thinking of her. ??? You won't have the massive ruts in the turf. Cost waaaaay less on the machines. Use less fuel and maintenance parts.

P.S. Don't forget you need a truck and trailer to get the 0-turn to the mower shop for repairs.

slomo