safety switch problem

paulyboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can get my Husqvarna RZ5426 started. When i try to release the e-brake or move the steering arms my mower shuts off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The steering arms are in the neutral position and when i release e-brake it wants to shut off.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sound like the seat switch connector is not plugged in fully or the seat switch has failed.

paulyboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
i will pull that and ohm it out, or use a jumper. I was gonna do that to all switches, just thought i did something wrong.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Putting a jumper in will not work.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If it is a simple 2 wire safety a jumper will work.
You know better or is your brain on vacation?

Come on, if you bother to look up the seat switch you find it a NC version. Plus the seat switch connector will already have a shorting strip to prevent someone from simply unplugging the seat switch. Putting a jumper in the connector does absolutely no good as the connector is already jumper-ed when unplugged thus keeping what would need to a open circuit when the operator is on seat, a closed circuit.

1721821515193.png

And I have seen that 3 pole brake switch to fail open the kill circuit.

paulyboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
pulled e-brake and both (one at a time) steering arm switches and checked seat switch. All checked out. I guess pulling the connectors and re-installing them, fixed that problem. Now the steering arms are hard to move and the mower will not move. Side note: i did just replace the drive pully not too long ago(it has not run since the pully change). I have moved the drive engagement levers on the back, to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. I'm tired of mowing my daughter's lawn. I'm glad to do it, but need to get this mower out of my garage.

paulyboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
You know better or is your brain on vacation?

Come on, if you bother to look up the seat switch you find it a NC version. Plus the seat switch connector will already have a shorting strip to prevent someone from simply unplugging the seat switch. Putting a jumper in the connector does absolutely no good as the connector is already jumper-ed when unplugged thus keeping what would need to a open circuit when the operator is on seat, a closed circuit.

View attachment 69306

And I have seen that 3 pole brake switch to fail open the kill circuit.
thanks for the help and the SARCASM.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Not aim at you paulyboy. TSE should know better by now especially he going to run a decent shop. This why we ask the equipment so can look up the equipment and give valid answers and not off the wall answers from who knows where.

It does irritate the heck out me when someone just throws out an answer that is incorrect. If I don't know an answer I don't post to just be posting. I take the time to find the answer or let that knows the answer answer the question.

Last edited:

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Not aim at you paulyboy. TSE should know better by now especially he going to run a decent shop. This why we ask the equipment so can look up the equipment and give valid answers and not off the wall answers from who knows where.

It does irritate the heck out me when someone just throws out an answer that is incorrect. If I don't know an answer I don't post to just be posting. I take the time to find the answer or let that knows the answer answer the question.
I am always learning, everyday. I also make mistakes. I also know how to apologize. I also know how to treat people and talk to people with dignity and respect.